Note: this material is for informational purposes only and should not replace medical or psychiatric treatment with a professional.
Ask any crystal healer for a stone they’d recommend for anxiety and amethyst is likely to be at the top of their list. This soothing purple stone is widely used for insomnia and nightmares, and can help settle your thoughts to get a good night’s sleep.
In Greek mythology, the stone is known as the stone of sobriety, and it is favoured by those in recovery from addiction. The deeply cleansing, balancing stone can help keep a clear mind. The traditional Chinese practice of Feng Shui also embraces the calming attributes of amethyst. It is a stone that brings about harmony in the household.
How to use amethyst for anxiety:
- Place it on your nightstand for a better night’s sleep
- Place the stone in your palm or on the ground around you while you meditate
- Place it on your desk in your office to promote calm at work
- Wear amethyst jewellery for calm throughout the day
- Place the stone near your root chakra to keep you grounded
Next time lets look at which crystals benefit joint flexibility
Please let me know how you get on. I love to hear your feedback.